Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MonicaProgel
Frequent Visitor

schedule refresh Apps don't work

I've publish a app.In my Power Bi Service  I set schedule refresh and in my dashborad and report are update corretly but in Power BI Service of my colleague, where has been insert the app, this is not update. Only if my colleague click "Refresh", the data are update. Why does not data update automatically?  Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MonicaProgel,

You can make any changes you want to the dashboards and reports in the app. Note: These changes are not pushed to the app until you publish again. So after schedule refresh, you colleagues can refresh and see the new data until you need to update app.

Based on my test, whether the report is or not in dashbord, the recipient can see the update when they refresh. 

>> Another peculiarity: if my colleague is inside the workspace, my colleague's data is updated both in dashboards and reports, if my colleague is not in the workspace, my colleague's data is updated only in dashboards.

If my colleague is inside the workspace, they don't need to get data from the apps, they can view or ediy(if they have permission) your report, dashbord and dataset. So when you update your data, they will see the update afther refresh. 

If my colleague is not in the workspace, but they have access to get data from the apps, they will see update after refresh until you update app again.

Please see the details here: Distribute to large audiences with Power BI apps.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MonicaProgel
Frequent Visitor

Update: If I insert the tile in dahsbaord, the datum is updated both in dashabord and in the report. If the tile is not inserted, the data is not updated.

Hi @MonicaProgel,

As I tested, your colleagues will see the new report and dashboard when they click refreh. What do you mean of "tile is not inserted"? Based on my understanding, when we create a dashbord and pin the report to dashboard, there would be a tile for each report.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thank you for your response.

I was expecting that by updating my data, my colleagues would see updates automatically without updating.

So you tell me my colleagues need to click refresh.

Ultimately if I update the data I have two different behaviors:

every dashboard graph is always updated. For the reports, if the report is not in the dashboard to see the updated data displayed I need to refresh, if the report is also reported in dashboards, this is updated automatically without making refresh. Right?

Another peculiarity: if my colleague is inside the workspace, my colleague's data is updated both in dashboards and reports, if my colleague is not in the workspace, my colleague's data is updated only in dashboards.

Thank you

Hi @MonicaProgel,

You can make any changes you want to the dashboards and reports in the app. Note: These changes are not pushed to the app until you publish again. So after schedule refresh, you colleagues can refresh and see the new data until you need to update app.

Based on my test, whether the report is or not in dashbord, the recipient can see the update when they refresh. 

>> Another peculiarity: if my colleague is inside the workspace, my colleague's data is updated both in dashboards and reports, if my colleague is not in the workspace, my colleague's data is updated only in dashboards.

If my colleague is inside the workspace, they don't need to get data from the apps, they can view or ediy(if they have permission) your report, dashbord and dataset. So when you update your data, they will see the update afther refresh. 

If my colleague is not in the workspace, but they have access to get data from the apps, they will see update after refresh until you update app again.

Please see the details here: Distribute to large audiences with Power BI apps.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors