Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arvis
Frequent Visitor

sales data shows duble figures in online report, after scheduled data refresh

Hello! I'm having an unusual problem that I can't find an answer to. When I use the powerbi desktop version, the data is displayed correctly when saving the powerbi online, from the beginning the data is displayed correctly until the data is refreshed online or with scheduled refresh from the databases themselves, after which the sales data amounts to double. The database contains sales data for each transaction. Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
First picture for the same report online after online refresh:

Arvis_0-1642246595194.png

Second picture is from desktop version:

Arvis_1-1642248148287.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Arvis
Frequent Visitor

Disabled incremental refresh and it started to work correctly. Thanks

View solution in original post

Ok well that's a step forward. I'm fairly sure it will be related to the setup of incremental refresh. Guessing it's seeing the old data as new and adding it in.

That won't show in power bi desktop because incremental refresh only kicks in after it's in the service.

Confirm it by disabling to start with and then can if you can share your model we can think about making it work correctly.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Arvis
Frequent Visitor

Disabled incremental refresh and it started to work correctly. Thanks

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

That is indeed very strange.

Few initial thoughts:

• Do you have any incemental refresh involved?
  • I assume if you refresh in power bi desktop you don't get the same situation?
  • Does your source track historic data with datestamps?

Is the report running in premium capacity or PPU? Just wondering if we can point DAX Studio at it's xlma end point to see what the raw data is showing.

Ben Dobbs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!
Arvis
Frequent Visitor

• Yes, I have set up incremental refresh, I will try to disable it. and check results.
  • If I refresh power bi desktop then it shows correct data.
  • Not sure, probably not.

Ok well that's a step forward. I'm fairly sure it will be related to the setup of incremental refresh. Guessing it's seeing the old data as new and adding it in.

That won't show in power bi desktop because incremental refresh only kicks in after it's in the service.

Confirm it by disabling to start with and then can if you can share your model we can think about making it work correctly.

Ben Dobbs

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors