Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ArpitM

requires gateway admin

I have PB report whose datasource is bind to SQL analysis Services. I have installed the Data gateway and then bind the datasource the that gateway. So report is not being displayed when open the report from power bi account.

But same time when try to get the access token using .net code it give me the error

{"error":{"code":"InvalidRequest","message":"Creating embed token for accessing dataset 43c61d7a-1b21-4063-8c95-460d1a39e13b requires gateway admin or datasource override effective identity access right"}}

any idea how to fix this issue being not able to get solution for this.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ArpitM ,

Have you solved your problem?

If the post above helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ArpitM ,

Please try to add your Service Principal to a Security Group,then go to the Power Platform Admin Portal > Data section and add this Security Group to your Gateway's Admins.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1652062928376.png

You may also refer to On-Premises Gateway Administrator 

Hope it helps,

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors