Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerJoost
Advocate I
Advocate I

report subscription email dissappeared

Hi,

I have been subscribing to a certain page of a report for a while and this suddenly has dissappeared. This has happened before i did not take much note of this. Now i'm also receiving the same from other users so i would like to raise this question here.

Both admin as normal users of a workspace have seen this behaviour. When navigation to manage all subscription it is blank and i have to create a new subscription.

Does this relate to changes on a page?

Report, page and dataset name are not changes.

9 REPLIES 9
Erikvbueren
Helper I
Helper I

Email subscriptions seems to dissapear after a few days. In my case, the subscription is still there (and not in draft) but no daily email is sent to the users that have the subscription.

The specific report has multiple pages that are hidden (except one). The strange thing is when I try to edit the subscription in the report (Go to Settings, Subscriptions --> Edit in Report) it shows me one of the hidden pages without data. When I click on the page that isn't hidden than I get the report.

Some weeks ago, when subscriptions email were not send, we encountered the following: when we tried to edit te subscription (Go To Settings --> Subscriptions) the specific subscriptions was changed to another page in the report (this page is also a hidden page)

After a publish from Power BI Desktop, sometimes excisting subscriptions are lost and have to be configurerd again.

Please find a good solution. Our customer is a big fan of the subscriptions features and want to use it on daily bases to discuss results with colleagues...

jbuckey
Regular Visitor

I have encountered similar behavior, but in my case when I don't get an email and go to check my subscription, I see that the word "DRAFT" appears. I then need to re-create the subscription before receiving the email again.

Snag_4309bc9a.png

This behavior appears to be related to the report owner publishing changes, but it is not consistent across all subscribers to the report. Some subscribers continue to receive the email without interruption.

I'd be interested to hear the result of your support ticket.

Will keep this updated. Status is "forwarded this information to product team"

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerJoost,

I can't reproduce your issue, subscription feature still work on my side. BTW, I can find these history subscription reports on settings tab.

Can you please share more detail contents to help use clarify your scenario?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

In addition, you can also submit a support ticket to confirm if this issue related to your tenant settings.

Support Ticket.gif

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

I'll try to clarify more. 

The subscriptions work for me for a while, about a week, and then suddenly they stop.

See my printscreens of outlook.

In the settings I cannot find the subscriptions anymore. I have made a new one but am worried that next week it is gone.

I was wondering if this is due to perhaps changes in the report/page/dataset?

Thank you for looking into this. I will also look into the support ticket but i was wondering if there is a bit of documentation on this that i cannot find.

PowerBiSubscription.pngOutlookSubscription2.pngOutlookSubscription.png

Again my subscription stopped. It lasted two days now.

Raised a support ticket

Anonymous
Not applicable

This same thing happened to me when I republished the report from PowerBI desktop after making changes.

fyi: Still waiting on an answer. I would expect that things that dacorson describes are documented somewhere as things you can or cannot do while you have a subscription.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Has there been any update on this? We love subscriptions but they are unreliable as sometimes they disappear when we republish the reports from Desktop.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors