Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pikachu-Power
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

report or dashboard slideshow

hello 🙂

i want to show some reports in a slideshow with a daily update. is that supported in power bi service? may the embed code can used for that?

many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
DMiradakis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hey @Pikachu-Power and anyone else reading,

I'm Daniel, the person who has maintained an open source Chrome extension linked to GitHub: https://github.com/DMiradakis/Power-BI-Real-Time-Slideshow

The Chrome extension has allowed a user to display a Power BI report as a rotating AND auto-refreshing slideshow on a TV monitor, but it has been broken for some time now.

If you're reading this and you're still interested in getting this functionality, can I ask you a small question? Can you navigate to this link in my GitHub repository and comment on the discussion thread I've opened?

I still really love the Chrome extension, but my version has been broken for quite a while, and I'm seriously considering rebuilding the entire thing from the ground up as a SaaS product. The Chrome extension is ultimately a Javascript/DOM/HTML hack, and it breaks every time the Power BI team updates the HTML code in the Power BI Service. My new vision is something extremely reliable that uses the Power BI REST APIs.

Additionally, if you're running a non-Windows device, my envisioned web app could still provide this functionality, AND it will provide REFRESH capabilities, which the Microsoft solution currently lacks.

Your participation would be greatly appreciated. 😊

Thanks!

-Daniel

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Have you had a look at the Power BI Slide Show App?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/enhancing-presentation-mode-with-slideshow-in-windows-power...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I cant find the presentation mode. is it only for mobile apps?

Hi there

Apologies for sending the wrong link

If you can please try this one https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/presentation-mode-in-power-bi-windows-app/

Power BI Blog

is that a special app i have to download or can i do it directly in power bi service? what is power bi windows 10 app? means that power bi desktop?

Hi there

You have to download and install the app

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors