Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

report map publish to web refresh problem

Win 10 Edge; trialed on 2 machines

In Power BI I delete the published URL - I create a new Publish To Web url

When I paste that into a new browser I briefly see the correct map image but it then reverts to the prior data - however on another page the table data is refreshed.

;;;;;;;;  I got into this problem this way:

a. refreshed the data in Power BI desk top - and used that Publish to Web feature

b. I had previously published, so it prompted me to replaced - which I selected

c. I was not certain that this data would flow thru to a prior established URL in the Service Publish to Web feature - - -- however it did, which is great..... let's call this data set 2

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I then repeated with data set 3 in Power BI desk top with a refresh - same Publish To web feature

* but I noticed that the url visual did not update

* In my Power BI Service, along the top frame is 'Refresh' option - I pressed that with no apparent action or feedback; all looks okay in Service - just can't get the URL to refresh....

* So I thought that I would delete the URL and start from scratch - which I did - and so now as per the top of this post - the map visual seems stuck on data set 2......and the quick flash visual of data set 3 is very intriquing......

www.CahabaData.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

subsequently thought maybe either an issue with Edge or limitation on Pro Trial status.....

reboot machine and now image is refreshed......  

so I guess it is an Edge issue regarding its cache.... even though differing URLs has me confused but..... will close topic and maybe helps others....

www.CahabaData.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

subsequently thought maybe either an issue with Edge or limitation on Pro Trial status.....

reboot machine and now image is refreshed......  

so I guess it is an Edge issue regarding its cache.... even though differing URLs has me confused but..... will close topic and maybe helps others....

www.CahabaData.com

I am having the same problem....reboot didn't help but waiting a couple of hours did. In my case it just seems slow updating.

BPOPE
Frequent Visitor

I have this problem on a daily basis - bit frustrating but not sure if it's my network speeds or a problem with BI itself

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors