Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

garythomannCoGC
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

report builder - insert list object into header or footer page

There is no option to insert a list object into either the header or footer page, why?

Right mouse click on Header Page

garythomannCoGC_0-1659059962266.png

report builder - insert list into header or footer page 

This also means that one can not cut n paste missing functionality objects from one report to another as a work around.

ie subreport developed has list object.  neither can be copied to calling report header/footer  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @garythomannCoGC ,

Apologies for my misunderstanding of your question.
At this stage, only the four items Textbox/Line/Rectangle/Image are supported to be inserted into the header or footer area.

If you would like to suggest some feature improvements. I have found users with similar needs to you  here , you may vote the idea and comment  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

garythomannCoGC
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

There is no option to insert a subreport into either the header or footer page, why?

Post to Ideas/Bug forum

report builder - insert subreport into header or footer page 

This also means that one can not cut n paste missing functionality objects from one report to another as a work around.

ie subreport developed has list object.  neither can be copied to calling report header/footer

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
garythomannCoGC
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

There is no option to insert a subreport into either the header or footer page, why?

Post to Ideas/Bug forum

report builder - insert subreport into header or footer page 

Just wondering why (and when) Report Builder will have all the objects for headers and footers like that of the body.

Video highlighting lack of functionality

Blank report - footer and header lack of functionality with objects 

garythomannCoGC
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thank you for your persistence.  Sorry I removed the double posting above.

I am not talking about how to add a header or footer.  Just wondering why (and when) Report Builder will have all the objects for headers and footers like that of the body.

Video highlighting lack of functionality

Blank report - footer and header lack of functionality with objects 

Hi @garythomannCoGC ,

Apologies for my misunderstanding of your question.
At this stage, only the four items Textbox/Line/Rectangle/Image are supported to be inserted into the header or footer area.

If you would like to suggest some feature improvements. I have found users with similar needs to you  here , you may vote the idea and comment  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @garythomannCoGC ,

Yes, I looked at your screenshot and it is indeed part of the report content, please check the documentation in my comment carefully, this is the known design.

Best Regards,

garythomannCoGC
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Wrong ... try again.  Look at the screenshot I have provided.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @garythomannCoGC ,

The Header and Footer options appear only when a header or footer is not already part of the report.

For more information,you may refer to Add or remove a page header or footer in a paginated report (Report Builder) 

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors