Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v-anabat
Employee
Employee

relative date filter

Relative date Slicer option is not working when we publishe the report to workspace, when I try to change the "Week", "Day"... options in workspace, it's not getting reflected, anyone facing the same issue

14 REPLIES 14
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ALL

Please have a look at this site to follow up with the update of issue.

10.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Still experincing the same problem... and today is 9/25.....

We're using the relative date filter set to in the last 90 days including today and it's not updating. Worse, it's inconsistent between report pages, so on one page the filter goes to 9/27 and the other page it goes to 9/30. This is causing disconnects and incorrect results on the report and needs to get fixed!

Hi, We are waiting for the update and most of our dashboards use relative date slicers.

Strange thing is it is working in my system without any issues and for my colleagues it's not working. Wondering what could be the issue?

Thanks

Prakash  

rcorrales
Frequent Visitor

I'm seeing the same issue. This seems like a recent bug, because the I've used this filter in a report for a few months, and it was working perfectly. 

Same issue still appear.. 

It was fixed last week and worked for 1-2 days. Now it's seems broken again.. 

More posts of the same issue:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Bug-in-Relative-Date-Slicer-on-Service/m-p/516778/highlight...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Relative-Date-Slicer-added-through-Power-BI-Service-doesn-w...

Microsoft please help!!

I have the same problem

Have this issue also... anyone at Microsoft have an update?

I have received an update from support team that issue will be resolved by 24th Sep. 

Erikvbueren
Helper I
Helper I

Same problem here!  Strange, same slicer (on same field) on another page works fine!

Did you try to publish your desktop file again..? Sometimes features are not working properly after a new release..

Yes, I did published it multiple times, but it's not working, I have raised a ticket for support team on this, they said it's on ongoing issue in power bi, will post if I get any reply from them, so for now I'm using "TimeLine" Custom visual which is similar to relative date filter

I have exactly the same issue!

Even when trying to create a report from Power BI service and selecting the relative date filter, it does not work.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @v-anabat

I face the same problem, netheir in "view" or "edit" mode, when i change "Week", "Day"... options in relative data filter, it isn't geting reflected.

One workaround is to drag "date" column to the Visual Level filter, then select "relative date filter".

7.png

Best Regards

Maggie

That's not a Relative Date Slicer, that's a Relative Date Filter.  If you can change the subject of your question that would help as I'm looking for issues to do with the Relative Date Slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors