Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ramkula123
Helper I
Helper I

refreshing reports with 2 different data sources

We have a single report with 2 sources (import query mode)

1. SAP HANA &  2.Excel from sharepoint

The data gets refreshed when excel is updated successfully in desktop. However once published to PBI cloud any changes made to excel data doesnt get updated in the report.

What is the way to refresh both the HANA and the excel data on cloud report ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SpiroswayGR
Resolver III
Resolver III

@ramkula123 

I think you should use on premises gateway , then you can connect pbix in powerbi service with data sources.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ramkula123 

For refreshing dataset from a cloud Excel, you can refer Refresh a dataset from a cloud Excel workbook. Refreshing reports with two data sources may be a bit special. After publishing the report to Power BI Service, you need configure data source in Manage Gateways for each data source in your report and map data source in Datasets setting pane. 

v-cazheng-msft_0-1611902482700.png

Best Regards,

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ramkula123
Helper I
Helper I

The report connects to the SAP HANA source via enterprise gateway. Is it possible to have both on prem and enterprise gateway to connect to 2 different sources in a single report ?

@ramkula123 

I am not sure about that, because if you check on powerbi service is connected with one gateway and then select databases / tables.

Is any way to use enterprise gateway for excel file too ? 

SpiroswayGR
Resolver III
Resolver III

@ramkula123 

I think you should use on premises gateway , then you can connect pbix in powerbi service with data sources.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors