Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lori
Helper II
Helper II

refresh on PBI service live

I am using PBI service live to create differnet reports to be used by different parts of the company.  I published the main report and used the PBI service data connection to get data.  It works fine but when I look at the Datasets tab online it shows an error on refresh:

Something went wrong
Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Is a refresh unnecessary or is there something else I need to do?  Thanks for your help.
2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lori
What is the original data source, are they on-premises?
Do you install a gateway and connect data source to this gateway?

Best Regards
Maggie

The original data sources are on my computer and on a company server.  I have a gateway and those sources are connected to it.  I'm using the primary report series as the live service and to reduce having to replcate the changes into each report.  Until now, each report pulled directly from the original sources.  

I made sure all my sources are connected and the gateway is up.  As of this morning, none of the reports - this one from the live service, the primary report it's using as a source and the other reports that are still connected to the original sources - are updating!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors