Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bartman65
Frequent Visitor

refresh error power bi service

Since today i get by each report an error on refresh in Power Bi Service. There is no further error message ?? Only the message below:

Bartman65_0-1614945212736.png

Does anyone an idea?

I already removed the report and the dataset and published this again from Power Bi desktop to PB service, but this not solve the problem. 

The gateway and the desktop version are already on the latest versions,

NB: When i make a new report in Power Bi Desktop and publish this to Power Bi Service, the refresh works.

regards, Bart 

7 REPLIES 7
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Bartman65 

According to the error message, it seems to be an internal service error. After my research online, I think maybe it’s because the report has been broken in the Power BI Service. Remove the report and related dataset then publish again or just publish it to another workspace can solve this problem. You can follow these steps:

1 - Open the report in PBI Desktop and clear the cache (file...options and settings... options)

2 - Refresh the data in the desktop and save it.

3 - Open PBI Online and remove the associated dataset(s). Note - you'll need to remove the reports from any content packs before you can remove the reports and data from the online service. Also, you might want to make a note of the (failed) refresh schedule you had before doing this so you can recreate it exactly.

4 - Go back to PBI Desktop and publish the report from PBI Desktop to Online

5 - Go back to PBI Online and set the refresh schedule back up

6 – Check if the scheduled and manual refresh can work normally.

Hope that can help you to solve this problem.

Troubleshooting refresh scenarios

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Robert, 

I Already did these steps, but the problem still exists.

And publishing to anothor workspace didn't solve the problem too,

I hope there is a solution for this!

Regards, Bart Witteveen

@v-robertq-msft : Hi Robert, do you have further possibilities to solve this?

Or is there a possibility to contact Microsoft directly for further support on this?

regards, Bart 

Hi, @Bartman65 

Sorry for waiting, to get the direct support by Microsoft in advance, you can go to the Power BI support to open a support ticket. You can follow this document:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/how-to-create-a-service-request-to-contact-power-bi-support...

v-robertq-msft_0-1615530428265.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Robert, 

Thanks, I created a ticket on the MS Powerplatform

Ragards, Bart

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Bartman65 

Unfortunately, I can’t find out any import message according to your error screenshot, would you like to use the “English” language version in your Power BI service and expand the “Detail” to show the detailed error message of this data refresh?

It will be awesome if you can share the data source info and connect mode in addition.

Troubleshooting refresh scenarios

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Hi Robert, 

this is the message i get after clicking in the dataset "refresh now"

Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: d4ff9960-6036-4fd7-a7e0-64f5209a3999
Request ID: b46bfb2b-8871-1cb4-f33c-ce90b5fd73ea
Time: 2021-03-08 08:00:55Z

There is no further information about this error message.

When i set up an automatic refresh i get a notification email with some other error texts:

"The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support"

This report is based on a local networkshare (import query mode). In Power Bi service I use a data gateway to connect to this networkshare

The strange thing is that when I create a new report with the same data, the report is then updated without any error!

Regards, Bart 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors