Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

refresh error - Data source errorUnable to read data from the transport connection: An existing co

hi,

I currently have various users on PowerBI pro licenses. I do not use a premium workspace. 

I have a report I think may be too large. I'm currently connected to .csv files hosted on sharepoint. Most are <500mb but some are upto 2gb. 

I'm am recieveing this error when I try to refresh the report (including manual refresh)

Something went wrong

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

• Data source errorUnable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action. Table: [Table Name]

Any suggests for a solution would be welcome. 

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

If you followed support.powerbi.com - they had a message about that for two weeks with it supposedly being fixed on 2020-06-10.  But we still see that error in our tenant when pulling data from Sharepoint. Maybe the fix takes time to propagate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors