Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

avulasandeep
Helper III
Helper III

refresh date in service

HI Everyone ,

here is  i have question  at powerbi Service level .

I  need the possibility of getting date  at service level in card .  i kept the  Date/Time in card Before clicking on refresh, it has to show Last  (date/time) ,

Ex: suppose if my last refresh date is on  25th June , when i open the report in service it has to show last refresh date (25 June 2018)

and when i refresh the report on 29th June it has to show (29 June 2018) in the card at service level. 

before  publishing  the date is like below image 

refresh date 1.JPG

After publishing the report from desktop :

refresh date 2.JPG

I am using measure  query and measure :

Query :

let
Source = #table(type table[LastRefresh=datetime], {{DateTime.LocalNow()}})
in
Source

Measure :

Last Refreshed (Local) = FORMAT(LASTDATE(Query1[LastRefresh]),"mmm dd, yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM")

Is that possible to show last refresh date before refreshing at the service level, please let me know?

Thanks 

sandeep

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @avulasandeep,

As the Power Query code is not re-executed after publishing report to service even you refresh the web page. While re-publishing the report to service, the Power Query is running again which will get the new "Refrehshed Date". So, in your scenario, you may need to configure gateway for dataset so that the Power Query can be updated.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @avulasandeep,

You mean to say that you are publishing every time to see the latest refresh time?

You need not have to publish the report everytime you want to refresh the report

You can set for scheduled refresh to your needed time frequency and hence after refresh your report will be refreshed

i no need  schedule refresh i need the manual refresh  and want to know when is last refresh date  by seeing that  i will refresh the  report  every  time is that possible ??

Thanks

sandeep

As far as I know, only when you set schedule refresh the refresh times are stored in the Power BI Service

When you set schedule refresh, you can get latest refresh time from Refresh History option in your Data Set settings

When you don't set schedule refresh, then the latest time at which you published your report is the latest refresh time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors