Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

htacke
Helper I
Helper I

references of the dataset can not be set on my account

I am the one in our organisation who has developed our dashboards.

This took some time and we had to try differnent techical solitions to get there.

We have a good solution now, but if i publish my report, i cant set the references of my datasets, so i can't refresh them daily.

If i publish it from another account in our organisation, I have no problems.

I think there is still some old information about these datasets available in my account so the reference can't be set. Is there a way to fully clear my account sao i can publish my dashboards?

7 REPLIES 7
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @htacke,

Could you please check the status of Gateway and credentials from the Settings of the Service? Make sure that the Gateway and the credentials are the same with your account.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Daniel,

When i look in the settings of the service, I see no gateways. 

We have the authentication build-in in the query. In the dataset we set the verification method to Anonimous. It works with other users in our organisation and not in my account.

Thats why I want a clean environment. We had a lot of effort to get this authentication possible and I had a lot of versions before this one. I think there is still some history in my account.

I still have no solution. Can somebody please help me?

Hi @htacke,

Could you have tried clear the Data Permissions in Power BI Desktop?

Reference:https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/edit-or-remove-permission-from-existing-data-source-connection...

I suggest you clear the permissions and  republish your report again.

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Daniel,

I have tried thst. But no result.

I can sent you a simple example. But then you will see that you can refresh it and tah you can set the credentials of the datasets.

regards,

Harmen

Hi Daniel,

Can you please respond?

I am out of options now

Regards. Harmen

Hi @htacke,

Due to I could not reproduce your problem, I suggest you create a support ticket here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/.

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors