Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

real time streaming data set issue

Hi ,

RealTimeError.PNGI am loading the streaming data from Streaming Analytics job to power BI service and able to see the dataset created in Power BI service. I am changed the streaming dataset to Hybrid dataset by turning on the Historical data property where Power BI service will keep the data in cache and it will remove the data with FCFS method. I am using line chart for the Hybrid dataset and data is coming but the issue I am facing is on seeing the above image the inference we make is both green and red line are in the same time range window but actually they are not with slight difference in timestamp. My question is in a particular time range window either green line should come or red line should come not both. How to overcome this issue ?

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gowrishankar65,

I think this issue should more related to your data, it seems like you push multiple records at same time with both actual and alarm label. Then your chart analysis/display these history records as two lines.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thanks for your reply 🙂 As I said earlier, the red line is showing data for different timestamp and green is showing for different timestamp. The issue I figure out is due to x-axis type as continuous. By changing the X-axis type to categorical below is the output for green and red lines.Catogerioal.PNG

This approach will not work since I am getting real time data for every 30 seconds. For x-axis = continous, I want to see green and red for different time range window.

Regards,

Gowrishankar

Hi @gowrishankar65,

Maybe you can consider to use history data to create visual, it support more visual types than live stream tiles.

BTW, current power bi desktop support to connect power bi service datasets, you can do some custom on them and publish them to power bi service.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Yes, we are using the hybrid dataset option by turning ON the historical data and also with support to Power BI service datasets, we are creating the Line chart and publishing them into the power BI service. 

The problem lies with the Line chart  X-Axis option where we are giving Type - Continuous. For every 30 seconds, we are aggregating the TEMP value. If you notice the circled area, the dots are getting connected to form the continous line and during that time nothing happened but it makes the user to think like both the black line and green line happened in same time duration but its not.

Can you help me on which other visual I can utilize for the same ?

Capture1.PNG

HI @gowrishankar65,

Unfortunately, I also not found any option to prevent these lines which generated by continuous mode.

In this mode, it will auto link nearest points.(I also try to use measure to instead but failed)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors