Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwaters4
Helper I
Helper I

real time data sql server

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this post or not. If I need to move it, please let me know.

We run service repair shops and have TVs setup that show the status of the repairs (Target Hours required for the repair to the Actual Hours on the job so far, also might show some additional information like the tech on the job the input Task status for the repair, the repair type, etc.).  This data needs to refresh about every minute or so.

We also have TVs setup in the Parts department office showing the sales status for the hour, day, week, month, etc.

The hourly and daily report refreshes maybe every minute or few minutes.

Branch managers might be pulling up daily dashboards for varying departments that also need to be updated frequently.

I am at a loss for what I need from a licensing perspective and what technology I need to use to make this happen.

I really need some assistance.  It is very confusing what I actually need (nothing new for Microsoft there, unfortunately).

Some have said I need Power BI Premium, some have said I need Power BI Embedded, and some have said I just need Power BI Pro (this was told to me at a Microsoft Technology Center in St Louis, so I would hope it has credibility).  

Power BI Premium is crazy expensive for an organization my size (260 employees with maybe 50-75 that I could see using Power BI, so I really hope that is not a requirement.  If it is, I am baffled why Microsoft doesnt have something less expensive for small businesses that cant afford $60k/year.

Can you guys, PLEASE point me the in correct direction to accomplish this? 

Ive googled till im blue in the face and watched tons of youtube videos and still dont have a good grasp on what I need.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

13 REPLIES 13

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors