Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KarlinOz
Advocate III
Advocate III

"applied filters:" text not exported into file

On one of my report pages I export the data from a visual as an xlsx file:

2017-03-23 15_32_20-ProjectAnalysisConsole - Power BI.png

and when I open the exported file in cell A1 is the text with "Applied filters:..."

2017-03-23 15_40_53-Summary (1).xlsx - Excel.png

However when I copy that same visual to another report page and do the same export the resulting visual does not have the text at all:

2017-03-23 15_48_17-Summary (2).xlsx - Excel.png

In fact on the first page exports from any visuals on the page have the text in cell A1 and on the second page exports from any visual do not have the text. Is there a page level setting somewhere which determines whether that text is included in the export? I want it included as one of my filters is significant information.

Thx for any help offered.

3 REPLIES 3
KarlinOz
Advocate III
Advocate III

Ok so I have tracked down the reason it is happening but I don't know of a work-around yet. I'd by happy if anyone could help out. 

The issue occurs when I have the visual "Timeline" on the page. The text is not exported whenever that visual is on the page. 

2017-04-03 13_10_17-ProjectAnalysisConsole - Copy - Building New Summary - Power BI Desktop.png

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @KarlinOz,

I have tested it on my local enviornment, we cannot reproduce this issue. When export the data from one of my visual on the second page, I can get this significant information on cell A1. In your scenario, can you see this prompt when export data?
Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

HI @v-caliao-msft,
This is what I get:

2017-03-31 15_59_32-ProjectAnalysisConsole - Power BI.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors