Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Usage metrics" Icon Missing, in the Service both (workspace / dashboards)

Hi all,
"Usage metrics" Icon Missing, in the web-Service even I did set enabled the option available at following path
Setting-->Admin Portal-->Tenant Setting-->(Audit and usage settings)-->Usage metrics for content creators
Anybody there who help to get ride on the issue
thanks n advace

7 REPLIES 7
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

I have tested on my side, but not reproduce the issue.

all the standard workspaces  (workspace / dashboards)  work well, but the new workspaces (preview) is not supported for now.

Planned new app workspace preview features

Some other new app workspace preview features are still being developed, but aren't available yet as we launch the preview:

• No Leave workspace button.
  • Usage metrics aren't supported yet.
  • How Premium works: You can assign and create workspaces in a Premium capacity, but to move a workspace between capacities, go to the workspace’s settings.
  • SharePoint web part embedding isn't supported yet.
  • No OneDrive button for Office 365 groups in Get Data/Files.

here is the official document for you refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-the-new-workspaces

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the new Preview Workspace?  If so, the usage metrics are not available yet.  They are only available for the standard workspaces (the one that creates an Office 365 group).

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right I am using "PREVIEW IMPROVED WORKSPACES". "Usage metrics" feature was very helpful for me, I used to valuate the user interest in respective analysis. will you please advise any work around through which I do judge it using frequency ?

Thanks for your reply 

hi, @Anonymous

new workspaces (preview)  is a new feature for power bi service, and some other new app workspace preview features ("Usage metrics") are still being developed, and it will come sooner.

For you want to use "Usage metrics" feature, you could continue to use the standard workspace, when "Usage metrics" feature

is available in new workspaces (preview), then try this new workspace.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any option to change type of Workspace from "new app workspace"  to "standard workspace".  either I'll go create standard workspace and develope dashboards ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the answer is "No", because they are fundamentally different from an infrastructure point of view.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Smiley Happy lets wait for the new release.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors