Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rasmussen81

"There is no gateway available" error with report using Google Analytics and CSV file

Hi all,

I'm having trouble updating data in my Power BI report. The report contains two sources:

• Google Analytics
  • CSV file on a fileshare

In Power BI Desktop there are no problems updating data. The Google Analytics data is retrieved from the cloud service and the CSV data is imported from the file. However, once I upload the report to the Power BI service and configure the CSV data source in my data gateway, I get an "There is no gateway available" error when I try to update the dataset. Everything looks fine in the data gateway settings and I have also doubled checked the CSV data source. Furthermore, I have tried to separate the two data sources into two reports and tested the refresh. This worked fine. So it seems like there might be a problem with the combination of the two data source and the refresh function. I'm thinking the problem might be related to the fact that the Google Analytics data isn't retrieved via the data gateway while the CSV data is. But I haven't been able to confirm this suspicion.

Has anyone had the same problem and possibly found a solution?

Best regards,

Rasmus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you view "Manage Gateways" have you turned this option on?

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @rasmussen81,

As @Anonymous stated, there will be such setting that I think is applicable for the entire tenant which has to be checked to allow you to import data from CLoud data sources

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you view "Manage Gateways" have you turned this option on?

Capture.PNG

Hi Ross,

I'm pretty sure that option was checked but I just tried to uncheck and check it again and now it seems that my report can be refreshed.

Thanks for the help!

/Rasmus

Hi rasmussen81,

Has your issue to been solved totally right now? If you still encounter with this issue, could you please provide some fiddler trace for further text?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors