Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dwayne_Thomson
Frequent Visitor

"Something Went Wrong" - Cannot refresh dataset in Power BI Service

I have a report, with associated dataset, loaded into a workspace that has the applicable gateway set up and functioning for other reports. However, when I try to refresh mine (which refreshes on the desktop), I am met with the error "Something Went Wrong. cancellation occurred when sending or receiving a request. Please try again later or contact support.: 

other details in the error include Cluster URI, Activity ID, Request ID, and Time, all with applicable strings. 

Can anyone help mem with this error? is there a cause that usually triggers this? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dwayne_Thomson,

Any RLS settings on that dataset? If this is a case, it can't load data if owner not assigned RLS role to your account.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Conarl_on_BI
Helper III
Helper III

@Dwayne_Thomson

What version of the gateway are you running ? If you are running the May release then you have to make a small change in the gateway pipeline configuration file. 

Also can provide some background on the authenicatio approach i.e are you using a SSO of some sort?

Thank you,

Conarl_On_BI

@Conarl_on_BI

Unfortunately I have no control over the gateway and it's configuration. it was set up by our enterprise staff, and is already being used to support many other datasets, (some of which are mine). It's just one file that has the problems. Was never asked for authentication of any kind, and do not believe it is enforced on this gateway. 

Thanks. 

@Dwayne_Thomson

Well there are many reasons associate to this error message you shared. However the main indicates are that there is a changes/issue between the datasourc or gateway through the Power BI services. 

If you have the control to re-publish the DataSet or PBIX file then go ahead and republish and see if this resolves your issue. Make sure you sign out of the Power BI services and close the browser before republishing.

Thank you,

Conarl_On_BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors