Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Show as Table" Summarizing Incorrectly

Hello,

I have a Power BI report published to the web for my organization that has started showing some odd behavior.

I have a visual that shows the correct values (just sum simple sums of a field, and then 2 simple measures that show as a percentage). The error comes in after users hit "Show as Table", the table is not correctly returning the measures, instead of showing the values seen in the visual, it looks like it is incorrectly aggregating data and adding a series of percentages together. This issue is corrected if you use the "Export Data" option, and it also is not present when using the Desktop version of "Show as Table". This aggregation problem only occurs in the web service when using "Show as Table".

I've republished the report to see if that caught the issue but no luck, and again, this issue doesn't occur when I use the "Show as Table" feature in the desktop application.

Any ideas on what I can do to troubleshoot? Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ 

I tried the reset to default as my first go-to for troubleshooting and that did not resolve the issue. When I try the same feature from within the application, the expected results are returned. It is only within the published web report that the feature incorrectly summarizes data inside of Show in Table.

Hi @Anonymous 

I would give it an hour or so after updating or uploading the data to make sure that it has to time work in Publish to Web.

I also do recall that as far as I know it is not possible to export the data from publish to web?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have mis-spoken, I have it published to a workspace (not embedded in web outside of the Power BI space) that is shared with internal users.

Regardless following republishing the report and reset to default options, the Show as Table feature continues to return incorrectly summarized mesaures, but the Export to Data option returns accurate results.

Hi @Anonymous ,

What's the visual are you using to show as table? Would you please try to clean the browser cache and try again. Would you please show me some screenshot about the issue? I can't reproduce your issue on my PC.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've attached a screenshot of what I see in the published report when viewing online with the side-by-side of the bar-line graph and the show as table. I circled to values in Red that should be the same but are coming out differently. I have tried clearing the cache to no avail, and have also tried using both Chrome and Explorer to see if the issue was browser related (issue persised in both browsers). The issue is also seen by multiple users in my organization despite having them also pursuing the default troubleshooting like cache clearing and Reset to Default. PBI Error.png

Do you have any data color rules on this visual?  I found a similar issue today where the Show As Table works as expected in PBI Desktop but shows invalid data for one measure in PBI Service.  When I removed the color rules the Show as Table works as expected.  

No rules.  Table is accurate.  Specifically UserDays (line) is accurate.

Jim_B_1-1618972127844.png

I add a color rule and UserDays in the table is incorrect.  Doesn't match the visual. 

Jim_B_2-1618972199820.png

This works fine in PBI Desktop (I have not included those screen shots here).  

I added the measure that the rule is dependent on (Live) as a tooltip and you can now see that the service is populating UserDays in the Table with the Live value.  

Jim_B_0-1619018155227.png

PBI Desktop Show as Table is correct.  

Jim_B_1-1619018375534.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Would you please also share the screenshot in desktop? It's quite weird, but I can't reproduce your issue on my computer. 

Do other visuals in the same report works well? Would you please aslo try to use the feature in different workspace? Would you please just try  to create a new table visual with the x-axis field and the measures to see if the value is correct in the table visual?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

What happens when you click on the Reset to Default button when you view the report in the PBI Service?

You did say you are using Publish to web, what happens when you just view the report in the App workspace, does it work then?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors