Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PshemekFLK
Helper IV
Helper IV

"Reset to default" always needed

We created a nice dashboard in our company following all of the rules of the star schema. Everything works great except that every time we make changes to pbix file and publish the report again (overwriting previous version) both numbers and the look of the slicers in the published report onilne gets messed up.

Clicking on "reset to default" helps but why would it be needed every time? Our users are almost required to click on "reset to default" every time they open the report, otherwise they can't trust the numbers. 

Is there a specific known mistake in the way the report is created that is causing this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @PshemekFLK 

Yeah I can appreciate that. Currently that is the way it is unfortunately.

You could look for an idea at https://ideas.powerbi.com to vote for.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @PshemekFLK 

The reason is that the filters are applied to each user. And those are kept even when a new version of the report is updated. What you are doing is 100% correct.

If there are not frequent updates to the reports, then this should be ok. And it is good for users to be able to keep their filters and slicers for their own reports.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

To be honest users are annoyed with the fact that they have to "reset to default" every time. We do a lot of changes to the report as this is what the organisation requires. Users create bookmarks to keep their filters. There should be at least the possibility to turn off the automatic user filters if that would fix the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors