Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vpatel55
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

"New look" Power BI Service lists Reports and Datasets together. This is confusing / makes no sense

I've just opened the Power BI service and noticed that the reports themselves, and datasets for them, are listed together, one after another.

This makes no sense, as it takes twices as long to to scroll down to find a report, as I'm scrolling through datasets at the same time. There is no need to view them together. Either I'm looking for a dataset, or a report. 

I appreciate that we can filter to just view reports, but then when logging out and logging back in, they are together once again.

I know that I can switch back, but I fear that this will become permanent in the future. Please Microsoft, can we not make this permanent.

4 REPLIES 4
ranbeermakin
Resolver III
Resolver III

Yes, you are correct. Even though it is neat and clean, with lot of reports and dashboards it could look messy. You can filter to just reports but it vanishes after you login back.

I'm assuming they are creating more content types and hence move to this UI.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

For now it is a preview feature and I am not sure if or when it will become generally available.

I personally think that this is very cool!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Are you referring to when you go to a Workspace? The main content area?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Yes in the workspaces thanks. I've just found out also that while I can go back to the old look, that goes back to the old look for everything, including having the sheets on the bottom (rather than the side) like in the new look. I'm not sure what purpose this is serving and I hope this does not get made permenent.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors