Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

"New Look" power bi service--top banner (meta data) does not show correct title name

My data is stored on SharePoint as Excel spreadsheet. When published to PBI service, the metadata section comes out wrong as shown below. It is supposed to show "**Summary Power BI_4.0". However, it picked up another name that was used in another report. In addition, when I click the drop-down arrow, it does not give me detailed information for the report as well (Author, refresh date as mentioned in the update doc). Does anyone run into similar problems? 

PBI service.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

I have just found out that what you have is a known issue that the Power BI Egineers are working on.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I have seen this happening a bit in the past.

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using?

I have found if I use a newer version and re-upload the PBIX it appears to fix it.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the latest version. I am curious if this is some bug that needs to be escalated. 

pbi version.PNG

I think then that it might need to be escalated

I certainly have seen a few other people with a similar situation.

What they did was to remove it all and start again, but that is not always an option.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gibert,

Could you be more specific when you say "remove it and start over"? I simply not sure the code is run behind the scene and had no clue how it picked up the title from other reports. The name at the topper banner seems to be inconsistent with many of the reports I have right now. 

If this problem needs to be escalated, what is the process? Please advise. Thanks.

Hi there

Apologies, what I meant was to delete the reports and dashboards and re-create them in the Power BI Service.

If you need to escalate you can go into the Support section of the Power BI Website and create a support ticket: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

At the bottom is an option to create a Support Ticket

Power BI Blog

Hi @Anonymous 

I have just found out that what you have is a known issue that the Power BI Egineers are working on.

image.png

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gibert,

Thanks for following up on that. I just got an email with same answer as well. For anyone who may run into the problem, I was told in the email that they will post the solution at <https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/>. Look forward to it because it does affect many of our reports. Stay tuned!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors