Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Full screen mode" button disappeared for shared reports

Does someone else have a problem with the button "Full screen mode"?
This button suddenly disappeared for reports that are shared. It was working well on Friday, October 18, but not yesterday or today, October 23. It would be great to have this button back as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have a solution or any news about it.

Thanks,

Marilyne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous , @SQLguy 

I tried to re-pro the issue, but in old look it is not showing the "Full Screen Mode" option.

But the option is showing in "New Look".

Please raise a "Support Ticket" to investigate.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/  (Create a Support Ticket)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous , @SQLguy 

I tried to re-pro the issue, but in old look it is not showing the "Full Screen Mode" option.

But the option is showing in "New Look".

Please raise a "Support Ticket" to investigate.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/  (Create a Support Ticket)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

SQLguy
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having the same issue. One day the button was there, the next day it was gone. I tried to find something about this in the release notes for October and didn’t see anything. Very strange.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Now I noticed a little detail. You both mentioned the word shared. I didn't see that before.

I can confirm and reproduce the issue now. With a shared report it doesn't go into full screen view. You should go and report an issue for this.

However, there is a workaround for this: if you add:

?chromeless=1

to the end of your URL in the browser and press enter, the full screen view will start.

Unless you already use URL filter parameters, then you have to add:

&chromeless=1

N.B. It might be that the first time it's not going totally full screen. Just escape and try again via View > Full screen et voilá! Smiley Happy

After closing the full screen view, the button under View now does work, because the ?chromeless=1 is still in the URL.

Thanks to @kdejonge for his blog post that reminded me of this trick.

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as a solution!
My blog: nickyvv.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Great tip! Adding "?chromeless=1" to the end of the URL does start full screen mode for me. However, I am not using the new look, and the button for full screen mode still does not appear in the top toolbar. If I turn on the new look, clicking the full screen button under the View menu does work. This definitely needs to be fixed for those of us who are not using the new look. I'm still waiting for them to add a dark mode option before I turn it on.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Marilyne,

depending on whether you have the Power BI Service New Look on or not it may have been moved in your situation.

With New look off it was right next to the other icons in the top bar.

New look offNew look off

With New look on it has moved to the View menu.

New look onNew look on

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as a solution!
My blog: nickyvv.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Anonymous
Not applicable

We saw this button in the New Look but when we click on it, nothing happens. It does not work.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks,

Marilyne

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors