Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JSummersgill
Advocate I
Advocate I

"Explain the increase" not working in service

Is there some issue with the "Analyze - Explain the increase/decrease" functionality in Service? This always used to work but currently I don't seem to be able to see the option. Still working in desktop. Screenshots below.

Power BI DesktopPower BI DesktopPower BI ServicePower BI Service

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@JSummersgill ,

I have made a test but couldn't reproduce your issue. The analysis option can work both in desktop and service. In general, please refer to limitation and consideration below:

The following list is the collection of currently unsupported scenarios for explain the increase/decrease:

• TopN filters
  • Include/exclude filters
  • Measure filters
  • Non-numeric measures
  • Use of "Show value as"
  • Filtered measures - filtered measures are visual level calculations with a specific filter applied (for example, Total Sales for France), and are used on some of the visuals created by the insights feature
  • Categorical columns on X-axis unless it defines a sort by column that is scalar. If using a hierarchy, then every column in the active hierarchy has to match this condition

In addition, the following model types and data sources are currently not supported for insights:

• DirectQuery
  • Live connect
  • On-premises Reporting Services
  • Embedding

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

In my screenshots this is the exact same visual, with the exact same fields in both Desktop and Service but the feature only works in Desktop. So it doesn't strike me that this is an issue due to one of the unsupported scenarios listed below? Unless there are additional unsupported scenarios in Service than in Desktop?

Also not available if you are using RLS.
If this is still issue for you please vote this idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=837affe6-8e2b-4ff3-87b6-478f1120037d 

@JSummersgill ,

I would suggest you to create a support ticket here.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors