Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Error generating an asymmetric key. Key not valid for use in specified state."

Hi,

Getting error "Error generating an asymmetric key. Key not valid for use in specified state." after upgrading to September 2019 version of Enterprise Data Gateway. It was working perfectly fine before with the June version so the suggestion that somethign with the firewall is blockig traffic should not be the case. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

For "Key not valid for use in specified state" errors try moving the folder RSA from C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA to say C:\RSA (just in case there should be a need to restore it) then try installing again. This folder appears to act as a cache and should be rebuilt automatically as required.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

For "Key not valid for use in specified state" errors try moving the folder RSA from C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA to say C:\RSA (just in case there should be a need to restore it) then try installing again. This folder appears to act as a cache and should be rebuilt automatically as required.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Thank a lot, can solved my problem.

Great! Thank's a lot.

Resolved for my case. Thanks..😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tks!!! I was looking for a solution for some time !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@venal thanks a lot, that solved my problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors