Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

slej
Regular Visitor

"Dashboard" View

I built and shared a dashboard that has multiple tabs.  When viewed in Office 365, the dashboard is presented as a document that the user scrolls through in order to see each report in the dashboard.  Using about four steps, they can get the dashboard to appear as it does in my desktop - with each report as a tab displayed at the bottom of the dashboard so one only has to click the tab to navigate.

Is there a setting or something that can be used so dashboards ALWAYS appear as dashboards and not as scrolling reports?  Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @slej,

Based on your description, it seems that you want to make it convenient and fast for user to navigate through different reports in a dashboard. If that is the case, in this dashboard, you can add a textbox tile listing all report name and linking to each report, this way after you share the dashboard to users, they are able to navigate to each report easily. There is an example for your reference.
1.png2.PNG3.PNG

If the above step doesn’t satisfy your requirement, please help to post screenshots depicting your scenario.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here's an example of what I'm looking for.  As you can see, the bottom of the screenshot has the TABS for navigating through the dashboard.  You can get to this view once the dashboard has been published, but it takes several steps to do it and I don't think the users will know how to get there.  That's why I was hoping there was a way to publish so the result looks like this and not as a "scrolling" reports.  Thanks.

powe BI dashboard sample.PNG

Hi @slej,

You want user to easily get each report page of a report, right? If so, you can create a textbox tile as shown in my first reply.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia,

Thanks for your answers but I CAN get the users to view the reports as a dashboard with the tabs at the bottom, BUT they have to go through about 4 four steps to get there.  I was just hoping there was a setting that could be used as a default view or easily display the scrolling reports as a dashboard with the tabs at the bottom.  Guess they'll just have to go through all of the steps.  Thank you (and everyone else) for your suggestions.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@slej

I am curious about what those steps are?

@v-yuezhe-msft

I think what he's trying to achieve is a navigation bar that is visible all throughout. Your suggestion though, can that be placed in each page? or is it only available on like the home page?

Hi @slej,

I am not quite clear about your requirement. You want to add tabs at the bottom in a dashboard?

Once you add all report pages link in the text tile, users will be able to go to that report page by clicking the link.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

I figured out four steps to get the "dashboard view".  The Users access the dashboard via Office 365.

1.  ENTER FULL SCREEN MODE

Once the dashboard is loaded, click the double-headed arrow in the top right of the Menu Bar.ENTER FULL SCREEN MODEENTER FULL SCREEN MODE2.  FIT WIDTH

at the bottom right of the screen, click the FIT WIDTH iconFIT WIDTHFIT WIDTH

3.  OPEN MENU

in the upper right hand corner, click the ellipsis (. . . )to OPEN MENU

4.  ARROW

in the upper right hand corner, click the ARROWARROWARROW

5.  DASHBOARD VIEW

the report will now display in "dashboard view" (look that is presented in Power BI Desktop).  Tabs are at the bottom which makes it easy & simple for users to navigate.DASHBOARD VIEWDASHBOARD VIEW

@slej Your description just shows another way to navigate from a dashboard to a report via a dashboard tile. Your screenshot is of a report page, not a dashboard. You can tell, because it shows a filters section to the right, and there is no filters section on dashboards. 

There is no other tabbed view of a dashboard, but it is worthy of adding to the ideas section if it isn't already there.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

By the way @slej I just noticed that you don't really have to go through steps 1 & 2. Steps 3 & 4 is just fine.

ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@slej, thanks for the share very helpful indeed, I think you might want to move this to the Ideas section. When you do, mention me here I'll cast 3 votes.

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Sorry i didn't get u clearly .

1. For my assumption u don't need scrol bar on dashboard ?

or

2. do u want tab in dashboard like which we have in report?

If 2 is your requierment , sorry we don't have that option in Dahboard and even that is not make sense .

Bec it is dashboard , then y Report ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors