Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Column does not exist in the rowset"

Hi There,

I was trying to refresh my report on pbi service and i am getting below error again and again

"column does not exist in the rowset".

I have tried refreshing my desktop file which is getting refreshed and i am not getting any error there.

I also checked my data source and niether i have deleted any column/rows nor i have re-named any column/rows.

For better understanding , please see the attached screenshot.Capture.JPG

Can anyone please suggest what will be the solution for this?

Thanks,

Ashish Kumar 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please revalidate that you are using same server, database, table/view and with same credentails in both places

If yes, I would recommand to raise support request Support | Microsoft Power BI

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Sometimes this error is because a column was moved, renamed or removed in the original data source.

You can clear the cache from the Power BI Desktop >> File >> Options & Settings >> Options >>Data Cache, Q &A Cache (Clear Cache) ,then go back to desktop and save a renamed version of the report and publish that and see if the renamed version works.

Best Regard

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

First , if you want to refresh your report in Service, you need install and configure gateway . If you just work with the report by yourself and the datasource connection is Import mode , you can install personal gateway .If you create report and share with other users , you need to install standard gateway . The links below can help you to configure gateway and then refresh your report in Service .

Install and configure gateway

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-install

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-app

Configure datasource in Manage gateways in Service

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-data-sources

Configure scheduled refresh in Service

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Best Regard

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Alisa-msft,

I am aware about gateway and this report i was using from last 6 months and suddenly i recevied this error and my report is not getting refreshed on PBI Service.

I checked there was an gateway update and i have updated my gateway but still it's not getting refrehsed.

Not sure what is the reason behind this.

Regards,

Ashish Kumar 

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

It seems the account used to register the datasource in gateway does not have access to the desisred table/view

Please get same access level what you are using in your desktop and this will be resolved

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @arvindsingh802 ,

I am not able to understand exactly.

I have published the same report from desktop from my licence and in pbi service i am the admin of this report and i am logged in with my login only, so i am not sure where i should i look into.

I am asuming you are using a gateway to refresh your report
If yes - The datasource registered with a different account that does not have same access as your account have

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @arvindsingh802 

Yes i am using gaetway to refresh my reports and i have used the same account from which i have created the report and still it's not giving me this RowSet error 😞

Please revalidate that you are using same server, database, table/view and with same credentails in both places

If yes, I would recommand to raise support request Support | Microsoft Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors