Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dmgebauer
Frequent Visitor

"Chat in Teams" from PowerBi Service Link does not open embedded report inside Teams

Noticed that when selecting the "Chat in Teams" while reviewing my PowerBi report in PowerBi Service, that the link created and shared in the Teams channel takes the user to the Power Bi Service Home Page. Users have no idea what they are to do. Seems the only way I can embed a Power Bi report in Teams is to go to the chat or channel click the "+" at the top and add the report. What changed? How can we work around? Example images below.

1. In PowerBi Service with the specific report open we chose "Chat In Teams" selection ChatInTeams.PNG

2. Then the link is posted to TeamsTeamsLink.PNG

3. The above link Opens / Directs to Power Bi Service Home Page not to the embedded PowerBi report in Teams

LinkOpens.PNG

4. Goal is to see the report embedded Teams as below

Expectation.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
aggisss
Frequent Visitor

Have you solved the issue? I have the same problem with this functionality. 

As of this morning, the issue for me has not been resolved and I have not heard anything from support. I was hoping that Microsoft Tuesday (1/10/23) would have got us an update that restored the feature but I am still experiencing the issue. Ugh!

OSFJWH
Regular Visitor

Has anyone gotten an answer on this yet?  This used to work fine, but as another post mentioned, been happening for about a month now.

All we ever get is the home page when clicking on the Chat in Teams link.  Again, we had never had an isssue with Chat in Teams until about a month ago.

kathleeng23
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is definitely a bug.  We are experiencing the same issue. I am a full admin and can see any report and it's not working for me either.  We noticed it started happening mid December.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @dmgebauer

Known issues and limitations

• Users without a Power BI license or permission to access the report see a "Content is not available" message.
  • The Chat in Teams buttons might not work if your browser uses strict privacy settings. Use the Having trouble? Try opening in a new window option if the dialog box doesn't open correctly.
  • Chat in Teams doesn't include a link preview.
  • Link previews and Chat in Teams don't give users permissions to view the item. Permissions must be managed separately.
  • The Chat in Teams button isn't available in visual context menus when a report author sets More options to Off for the visual.

See the Known issues and limitations section of the "Collaborate in Microsoft Teams" article for other issue...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Also having the same issue. I select "Chat in Teams" and the link will not take me (or any other users) to the specific report. Instead it takes users to the Power BI home landing page. Also, it's even more problematic when using Power BI in Microsoft Teams (not the PBI website). When trying using the "Chat in Teams" feature directly within Power BI-MS Teams the pop-up share screen is cut off on the sides. So when you try typing in a user or group, you cannot see the whole pop-up box.

DaleGreen_0-1672770109887.png

We have two Power Bi creators at my business and we are both expierencing the same issue even when we share reports we have shared and used previously successfully. We noticed the issue after the update around 12/11/22.

When we choose "Chat in Teams" from the Power Bi report menu bar in PowerBi service we get a link and it does get posted or shared in the Teams channel or chat, however when I, as the creator, or when the Team members click on the link it does not give us a permission warning but rather navigates us the the Power Bi Service home page where all the recent reports are listed. This happens across all reports, new and previously posted or chatted about in Teams and shared with the same people. The only way the report will open inside Teams is if we add it as a tab at the top of the page. Is this normal behavior, because it is different behavior than we previously experienced?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors