Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

james_pease
Helper III
Helper III

"Authentication with credentials provided" Error

Hello everyone, not sure what is going on here, I keep receiving an error in only 4 reports saying my credentials cannot be authenticated. Every other report is working fine, I am also logged into SSMS so not sure what cant be authenticated. 

When I go to transform data > data source settings > Edit permissions > edit credentials then try and login via the database option I receive an error that I couldnt be authenticated, see image below:

james_pease_1-1659658369935.png

So naturally I try to use my microsoft account which works but then I receive this error instead:

james_pease_0-1659658132315.png

I looked online that I need to somehow uplaod certificates? I'm not too sure how to solve. 

I greatly appreceiate any help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@james_pease 

Yes, as your error suggests :), please close the thread & work on your credentials

Regards,

Ritesh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@james_pease 

Yes, as your error suggests :), please close the thread & work on your credentials

Regards,

Ritesh

james_pease
Helper III
Helper III

So sorry I think I figured it out. I dont think I have access to the "OnBase" SQL Server yet. LOL Thanks again!

james_pease
Helper III
Helper III

Sure thing, I go to tranform data > data source settings > edit permissions for the "OnBase" data source then I receive the following error.

james_pease_0-1659716156375.png

james_pease
Helper III
Helper III

Sure thing so here is the inital error receive:

DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.)
Details:
DataSourceKind=SQL
DataSourcePath=cotti-sql\qs2sql;OnBase
Message=A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.)
ErrorCode=-2146232060
Number=-2146893019
Class=20

Then when I go to Data Source settings >Select the OnBase data source (since the error says it is about that data source) > Edit Permissions > Edit under Credentials > Toggle to the Database option > Enter login information

The information works, I go back to the Select data source screen, I close then that is when I receive the second error:

We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided. Please try again.

james_pease_0-1659715081315.png

So I select Edit Credentials and I receive a screen that says my credentials cant be authenticated. 

james_pease_1-1659715140399.png

I am able to log into SSMS so Im confused why I am receiving an error.

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@james_pease 

Can't see the error, please paste a clear version of the same ?

Thanks,

Ritesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors