Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tishchenko
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

"Analyze in Excel" and Excel "Quick analysis function" BUG

Hi! My users report that their favorite "Quick analysis function" dot'n work as expected.
After some investigation: this bug appears on models that contain bi-dir cross filter relationships.

bug.png

Upd. Just test "Quick analysis" function in Excel 2016 + SSAS 2016 (level 1200 with BI-DI) - similar bug.

Seems, problem in Excel or SQL_AS_OLEDB providers than don't suport models crеated in PowerBI Desktop or SSAS 2016 (level 1200) with BI-DI relationship? 

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Tishchenko

The snapshot shows some difference however I don't know the language(may be Russian) so I still can get the exact problem.

As the problem occurs in Excel 2016 + SSAS 2016 as well in your test, I think the EXCEL forum would be a better place for your question.

@Eric_Zhang Ok. Thanks. 
Main diffirence in pictures:
#1 after click on "Quick analysis" button in pivot table - excel open windows (green area in pic) with all related dimensions list from model, then user click on dimension and Excel execute magic function "Quick analysis".

#2 this picture show EMPTY list (red area) of cube dimensions. 

Problem:  Excel Quick analysis don't show related dimension list from data models that was created in PowerBI Desktop and SSAS 2016 (1200).

@Tishchenko

Thanks for your clarification. 🙂

As the problem is on Excel Quick analysis and not only Power BI Desktop related, I'd suggest you start from Excel side. You can post this problem to a Excel forum.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors