Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

msmewati786
Frequent Visitor

"Allow cortana to access this dataset" option not showing in PowerBI web dataset setting

showing cortana option.PNG

I am not able to find the option available in above image for configuring Cortana with the dataset.

There is no option of "Q&A and Coratan" - "Allow coratan to access this dataset".

not showing cortana option.PNG

I tried to find the solution on the internet, it seems like no other person has faced this kind of problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I'm afraid I need to tell you that this feature is deprecated since June.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

My source:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-cortana-enable

2019-09-07 09_56_20-Activate Cortana for Power BI - Power BI _ Microsoft Docs.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I'm afraid I need to tell you that this feature is deprecated since June.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

My source:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-cortana-enable

2019-09-07 09_56_20-Activate Cortana for Power BI - Power BI _ Microsoft Docs.png

will we get that feature back...?

Possibly never. I'm actually impressed. We continually request features for Power BI and instead of giving us what we want and need, they give us random features like a "New Look" or a "Filter Pane" that eats up more of the development space. Now that they've run out of useless features, the developers are outdoing themselves and taking away functionality. It's amazing how they manage to outdo themselves.

It's rather surprising to me what your attitude is here. I would have rather said that Microsoft brought in the Cortana functionality too early and that security holes were probably noticed.

And instead of taking a risk for the user, they took it out for the time being.

In addition, the new functionality and the new look are a great thing. In sales, this new look is a big plus.

Besides this is the wrong forum for your criticism. I'd rather suggest that you publish a PowerBI idea and see that it has enough people likening.

Microsoft is not a stupid company. They know what the majority of their users need and that wasn't the Cortana Thing at the time.

I wish you a nice day!

BR,

Josef

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors