Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

question about the report share options and usage metrics

Hi

I have 2 questions:

I have a report published in the Microsoft PowerBI Service site.

I only want to share my report as a read only, nothing else. However when I click the share-access-manage permission and click the reports name I see every user can app/build/reshare is active. Is it normal?

I can remove it manually to see only read but I don’t understand why every time its stated app/build/reshare even if I modify it yesterday to read only??

Also regarding the my report usage metrics. Last week one of my user check my report, I am on his desk so I saw he is checking my report. However when I click the usage metrics (today) I did not see this users activity. How can it be?

How can this user is missing??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. I think the report name you clicked  is the dataset with the same name. It will show all the users and groups with access. And the users who have the premission of app,build,reshare are from the groups that we added and gave the owner access to.  

For the pic of "Report", you can see that we can add permission of viewer and reshare for sharing reports. However, when we click the dataset, we can give the premission of app,build,reshare as the pic of "Dataset" shown.

ReportReportDatasetDataset

2. Please check the option of per-user data in usage metrics for content creators enable. And you can reference the document to check if hit the considerations and limitations.

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. I think the report name you clicked  is the dataset with the same name. It will show all the users and groups with access. And the users who have the premission of app,build,reshare are from the groups that we added and gave the owner access to.  

For the pic of "Report", you can see that we can add permission of viewer and reshare for sharing reports. However, when we click the dataset, we can give the premission of app,build,reshare as the pic of "Dataset" shown.

ReportReportDatasetDataset

2. Please check the option of per-user data in usage metrics for content creators enable. And you can reference the document to check if hit the considerations and limitations.

1.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors