Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gunicotra
Helper II
Helper II

publishing report to users external of organization

Hi, I have an issue regarding publishing my report to those who are not in my organization.

I see that if the "receiver" has not Pro/Premium licence it is not possible for him to access my published report. However, since "Power BI is currently available as part of the Office 365 Enterprise E5 version", does this apply also to those who have Office 365 subscription?
It it possible for those who have Office 365 subscription to read and access my report published with Premium Per Users licence?

Thanks

G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @gunicotra 

You have to have a Power BI Pro license assigned to the users account.

If you have E5 licensing you have to ask your Office 365 admin if they have applied the Power BI Pro license to the E5 account, after that it should work.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @gunicotra 

You have to have a Power BI Pro license assigned to the users account.

If you have E5 licensing you have to ask your Office 365 admin if they have applied the Power BI Pro license to the E5 account, after that it should work.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Sharing with external users need to be enabled in Power BI Tenant

Premium worksapce would be required in case of sharing with free users, PPU will not be applicable as all users also need PPU license.

Refer Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Docs as all users have O365 E5 thus premium workspace would not be required

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors