Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

emveha
Resolver III
Resolver III

publish to web specific security groups

hi all,

am trying to limit the option to publish to the web for only Specific securtity groups. In AD we created a group called

"XX-UG-Quality Data" and we added 2 persons to that group. Next, i opened the PBI web services, logged on to the Admin portal, selected Tenant settings, Export and Sharing settings and then i changed the settings for Publish to web. The settings are now: it is enabled, Apply to Specific security groups and in the text box i added the group XX-UG-Quality Data but unfortunately i get the message; "These security groups are invalid or duplicate: XX-UG-Quality Data"....

Any ideas how to solve this...

thanks!

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
emveha
Resolver III
Resolver III

found the issue, used a wrong group which was in AD but did not had the proper settings....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
emveha
Resolver III
Resolver III

found the issue, used a wrong group which was in AD but did not had the proper settings....

Frequent Visitor

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing enabling the new 'Service interruption notifications', but get the same error 'These security groups are invalid or duplicate: XXX'. I created a new Azure AD security group, but no luck. Do you recall the settings that were missing on your AD group?

Frequent Visitor

Alas my issue may be due to 'This feature is currently available only for dedicated capacities in Power BI Premium' and I'm using a pro account on a dedicated capacity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors