Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

TasosRD

publish to web -> this content isn't available

Hello, no matter what I do, when I try to publish my report to the web, I always get the message "the content isn't available". It is really frustrating since I've put a lot of hard work on building a platform that depends on that powerBI function. Any idea why I get this message? Currently I have PowerBI pro trial. Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

@TasosRD 

I had the same issue.

It seems like there might be a bug with the new workspace.

Try to create a new workspace and chose "revert to classic". This should work for the time being.

Thanks

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Did you wait an hour to see if the content is then there?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I would suggest you chat to your Power BI Admin and ask them if they have disabled the Publish to Web?

If that is still enabled I would double check the Embed Code is still available and working in the Power BI Service.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ -> I am the admin and only user of my workspace. 

image.png

I checked that link 10 times and it is correct:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiN2NhYTY4OTYtNzBkNS00YzU0LTg5MjktYWY2YmU1OTYyM2UzIiwidCI6IjI1N...

I can see this on page inspect when I enter this link into iFrame on my website:

image.png

I can see this when I inspect page on link entered above:

image.png

And... I can see this when I open normally open report in Power BI service:

image.png

So I don't think thats one of problems that you said. Haven't Power BI some problems with servers? Or only some European servers? Or somethink about authorization not changed? Becasue all worked fine before...

Ηι @Anonymous I have the same problem , all my embedded codes are active and when i take the url from embedded code -> public to web (public)  in popup screen take the message the contain is unavailable , but and all my oldest url are down? have you find any solution, all my users does not have pb accounts 

Hi @KostasV 

It could be that your Power BI Admin has removed all publish to web embed codes?

Here are more details: The Publish to web default is changing and it affects who can create public embed codes | Microsoft ...

Power BI Blog

Hi there

One thing I forgot to mention, does your dataset use Row Level Security?

If it does, that is a limitation of using the Publish to Web, where it will show the error "Content is unavailable"

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ  -> i can see all my reports as "active" 

image.png

and here is that it will show "Not supported" if some limitations will block it for me... I really can't move with this and I will highly need that in future. 

Hi there

If that feature is currently not supported, you will have to share the reports with the users via Sharing or an App

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ - I have created app but I dont know how to share these reports to people which haven't Power BI account. Is there any way to do that?

Hi there

Currently you either have to have a Power BI Pro license or Power BI Premium to share the content.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ -> I have Power BI Pro trial. How to share content for everyone (also people without Power Bi account)

Hi there

Those people would require a Power BI Trial license too if you are still evaluating the product.

Or if it is after the trail the users who view the report would need Power BI Pro or Power BI Premium (which allows users to view the content for free on a Power BI Premium App Workspace)

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors