Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MP_123
Employee
Employee

publish capacity

hello,

if i have an olap cube and i want to publish it

i can connect direct to data - thewre is no problem

if i decided to export data, it shoulg be maximum 250 MB?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MP_123 If this is a question of if you are accurate in your statements, then the answer is "Yes".

Direct connect removes the Desktop file size limitations.

If import data into the Desktop file, the max size of that file to Publish to the Service is 250MB

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@MP_123 If this is a question of if you are accurate in your statements, then the answer is "Yes".

Direct connect removes the Desktop file size limitations.

If import data into the Desktop file, the max size of that file to Publish to the Service is 250MB

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

thank you 🙂

another small question please -

direct connection disable the publish to web option..

do you know how can i embedd dashboard connected directly to SSAS?

thank you very much

@MP_123 I am not aware of any work around at this time.

sorry, don't and understand the answer

@MP_123 I do not know of a way to make it work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors