cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drifter565 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: problems external sharing

Hey Paul,

I had a similar issue but was able to resolve it.  It's a specific case but may help you find a workaround. Here is a description of the scenario and the workaround. Hope it helps!

Dashboard was loaded to a distinct workspace that was created when the project started. Although I am an admin on this workspace the owner of any given workspace is created using a mock email address of the workspace name and virtualized in Azure AD. PBI allows admins to share dashboards in a workspace but it looks like it actually doesn’t grant access to users outside the organization. In order to get around this I had to give myself direct access to the dashboard with sharing permissions on and then, using the link in the access granted mail, re-grant any outside domain user.

drifter565 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: problems external sharing

Hey Paul,

I had a similar issue but was able to resolve it.  It's a pretty specific case but may help you find a workaround. Here is a description of the scenario and the workaround. Hope it helps!

Dashboard was loaded to a distinct workspace that was created when the project started. Although I am an admin on this workspace the owner of any given workspace is created using a mock email address of the workspace name and virtualized in Azure AD. PBI allows admins to share dashboards in a workspace but it looks like it actually doesn’t grant access to users outside the organization. In order to get around this I had to give myself direct access to the dashboard with sharing permissions on and then, using the link in the access granted mail, re-grant any outside domain user.