Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rajshree_shinde
Regular Visitor

problem in Drill Through

I have data with 2 tables. One table has country, city, Area (mall, office, residential). 2nd table has area, floor, sectors etc.

We are showing map for country and city. when I Dirll through from city it should take me to area which is corresponding to that city But it takes me to all areas.

e.g. in dammam it should take me to only residential area but it shows all areas.( for area we are using treemap)

so please assist us how can be this resolved.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Rajshree_shinde,

Make sure that you set the value of Cross Filter direction to Both. You can review the example in this PBIX file. If drillthrough still doesn't work in your PBIX file, please share dummy data of the two tables, and describe more details about what fields you use to create visuals. 

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the response but still it is not working at some level.

let me brief you

we have 4 tables:

table 1 has country, city, and area. where area are three: Residential, Mall, office

table 2 has an area, building, floor, sector. where the area is 'Residential'

table 3 has an area, building, floor, sector. where the area is 'Mall'.

table 4 has an area, building, floor, sector. where the area is 'office'.

in the report, I want to show the map on the first page- there is drill down from country to the city. 

on the 2nd page, We want to drill through from city to all area's. where it should show only areas which come under that city.

and on 3rd page, drill through from area to building or floor. then floor to sector

I tried to implement by combining all data of table 2, 3, and 4. and all drill-down and drill-through features working fine except sector. 

for example, when I drill through from 6 floor to sector it shows all sectors of the 6th floor of all Area. where as it should show sectors of 6 floor of particular area

please advice why it is not working.

@Rajshree_shinde,

What relationship do you create among these tables?

Could you please share a dummy PBIX file so that I can check?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Rajshree_shinde
Regular Visitor

I have data with 2 tables. One table has country, city, Area (mall, office, residential). 2nd table has area, floor, sectors etc.

We are showing map for country and city. when I Dirll through from city it should take me to area which is corresponding to that city But it takes me to all areas. 

e.g. in dammam it should take me to only residential area but it shows all areas.( for area we are using treemap)

so please assist us how can be this resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors