Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Evelyn_EverittP
Frequent Visitor

premium space access exceptions

I am trying to find out if there is a way to limit the access to persons in our organization while using an App published in the premium work space?

thanks

Evelyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes I would only include the Groups which relate to your internal users. For your external users they possibly belong to a specific group. Do not grant them access to Power BI Premium.

This is configured under the Power BI Premium Capacity settings

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Evelyn_EverittP,

I'm not so sure what the limitation you mean, can you please explain more clearly about these?
AFAIK, Premium license is capacity based. You can't publish your content into premium capacity if premium capacity is full.

BTW, you can also take a look at official documents:

What is Power BI Premium? 

Power BI Premium FAQ 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I mean that I don't want certain users to have access to the reports - we want our whole organization to have access however we do not want our contractors to have access.  can I use an exception for those specific people?

Yes I would only include the Groups which relate to your internal users. For your external users they possibly belong to a specific group. Do not grant them access to Power BI Premium.

This is configured under the Power BI Premium Capacity settings

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

When you say limit their access what do you mean exactly?

You can share reports and dashboards to them via an App, which will allow them to view the data, but will not be able to change the data or export the data?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors