Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BlackHat
Frequent Visitor

powerpoint blank page

Hello,

I have been testing the powerpoint preview daily which has been working well. But a couple of days ago I started getting a blank page on a data set that had worked ok for a while.

I have attempted to isolate the graph that may be triggering the blank expression but to no avail. The issue seems elusive. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BlackHat,

I test your pbix file and get same issues as yours. But following @danny's suggestion, everything works well. Please resize your visuals to work around  this issue.

And this issue has been reported internally, I will post back once I get any updates.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tonny021

I have solved my issue by saving the file to a new PowerPoint Presentation.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BlackHat,

I test your pbix file and get same issues as yours. But following @danny's suggestion, everything works well. Please resize your visuals to work around  this issue.

And this issue has been reported internally, I will post back once I get any updates.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
danny
Regular Visitor

Hi there,

I just started experiencing this issue and posted in this thread here (may be the same issue?)

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Export-PowerPoint-Blank-Slides-Problem/idc-p/147565#M5027

The potential workaround posted there is to enter edit mode, resize the page, save and then export.  This partially fixed my issue.

My problem started following the March update.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BlackHat,

I am not able to reproduce your issue.

Are there Custom visuals and R visuals in your report? Custom visuals and R visuals will be exported as blank image.

Besides, do you publish PBIX file to Power BI Service, then export report to PowerPoint? If so, could you please share me the PBIX file so that I can test?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Ok, I have emailed the sample files. The pbix was published and the Powerpoint Preview option tried. It resilted in 2 slides. Slide 1 is the usual Title slide, slide 2 is blank. This format of pack has been working ok for several days?

BlackHat

Hi @BlackHat,

I don't get your email. Could you please upload your PBIX file to OneDrive and send me the shared link of the file via Private Message in this forum?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Also there are no custom visuals or R visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors