cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dharamgoyal
Frequent Visitor

powerbi authentication with Azure issue

Trying to authenticate and get access to Azure registered app using PowerBI account but it's alwasy saying permission issue and i have already give the permissions.

https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/authorize?prompt=consent&redirect_uri=http://localho...

Error: GetPowerBIDashboards needs permission to access resources in your organization that only an admin can grant. Please ask an admin to grant permission to this app before you can use it.

Please let me konw what i am mission.

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: powerbi authentication with Azure issue

@dharamgoyal,

It seems that we need a permission to get access to this. As the error message said, please contact to your admin to grant access permisssion for you.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

dharamgoyal
Frequent Visitor

No, the issue with domain verfication means if user abcd@xyz.com authenticate on powerbi then xyz.com domain should be verify on azure active directory once domain verify then abcd user as well as all other user of xyz domain can be authenticate.

Highlighted
MGDANCIADO
Regular Visitor

how does it work? I am encountering issue when connecting to Power BI using my user account with "Power BI Serice Administrator" role. I am the admin and its asking for admin approval. 

MGDANCIADO
Regular Visitor

how does it work? I am encountering issue when connecting to Power BI using my user account with "Power BI Serice Administrator" role. I am the admin and its asking for admin approval. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.