Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gazzatopdude
Advocate I
Advocate I

power dashboard inconsistent on different machines 21 oct gr

As of 21st October 2016, the Power BI Dashboards we had created in our enterprise environment (30,000+ staff) the dashboard structure that customers see has changed with no obvious reason

Previously the dashboard and reports tab was visible to consumers of the data.  They have edit rights now and this has also not helped, previously they have READ or view rights.

We are also seeing different results in different internet browsers

Our standard browser is IE10 but we see different results in Google Chrome.

Often the O365 applications tab turns into symbols instead of icons.

The my workspace tab also corrupts.

and on the right hand side the filters don't show all information.

PLEASE CAN YOU ADVISE THE POWER BI DEVELOPERS>

9 REPLIES 9
gazzatopdude
Advocate I
Advocate I

Here is a screen shot of error, notice hwo it just says placeholder text instead of dashboard for the customer/consumer

example of screen corruption.jpg

Here is what the owner of the Dashboard sees, I have blanked out sensitive information for confideniality.

Should the cosumber be able to see REPORTS section underneath dashboard also? or is the REPORTS section only allowed to interacte with the main dashboard for consumers?

example of dashboard.jpg

Hey, thanks for logging the issue. I opened a bug for our dashboard team to take a look.

Thanks

Has this issue been reproduced elsewhere?

Hello there,

Could you please let me know how to get a repro so I can investigate this issue more deeply?

Thanks.

Hi

Any updates on this situation?

@gazzatopdude This looks like a specific issue. You will have more success working with someone on the PBI team by passing back and forth information and most likely trace files to them. You can do this by using the support site and submitting a ticket here under the "Contact Support"

If you want to directly get someone's attention on the forums here you need to include their username with the "@". And we can draw attention back to the two individuals that responded to see if they can help out @pedramr@abdulp

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer

Incident Titlepower dashboard inconsistent on different machines 21 oct gr
Support Request Number:115111913394246
Severity rating:C

Hi

How is this issue going?  has there been more reports?

What is a repo?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors