Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

po
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

power bi service

Hi,

have below for table definition in power bi 
Source = DateTime.Time(DateTime.LocalNow()) & DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow())
in
Source

variable below to show when last refreshed in report.

Last Refresh = "Last Refresh: "& FORMAT('_Refreshed'[_Refreshed],"DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS") 

however, when refreshes on service date show in the time refreshed on the power bi datacentre rather than uk time.

all these reports look to refresh at 12.00 p.m. uk time and want to ensure consistency of refresh time shown as uk time.

How can we best do this?

Thanks 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@po The third solution in Reza's blog covers this - posted above, but here it is again -> https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

Power Query with Web Query to a site that keeps track of DST. That would be the only way I am aware of.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@po Adjust the time value from the datacenter. Add plus or minus whatever the difference is to your calculation.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

thanks for reply but reports refreshing at different datacentres and looking for how can ensure always shows the equivalent uk tim refreshed at.

@po There is no built in localization of time in Power BI. Reza did a good blog, and based on your response it seems like you might have a premium setup with multiple datacenters. Regardless, we still need to manipulate the data. I think his third option here might work as each datacenter could make a web call to look for the particular time of your choosing. I haven't used it, but it seems feasible for your scenario.

https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

thanks for update - checked again and looks like all show as 1 hour behind actual time as pro rather than premium 

couple of questions - how can we add 1 hour and what about change of clocks in october when clocks go back 1 hour.

@po The third solution in Reza's blog covers this - posted above, but here it is again -> https://radacad.com/solving-dax-time-zone-issue-in-power-bi

Power Query with Web Query to a site that keeps track of DST. That would be the only way I am aware of.

Thanks for update

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors