Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

We have implemented Power BI enterprise gateway on our servers to enable on-prem data access in Power BI Cloud. However, I am getting the error message about my personal data gateway being offline (below). Not sure why am I getting this error when I try to do a manual refresh or set a scheduled refresh for one of my data sets. I have not installed the personal gateway on my computer, so not sure what has gone wrong all of a sudden here. 

I am getting a 'good to go' or success message if I test the gateway connection from Settings > Gateway in the cloud. What could go wrong in this case? 

PBI-Gateway-Test-Success.pngPBI_-_Gateway_-_Refresh_Error.png

Thanks

Kaz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

As you can see on that link, this issue is reported to Power BI Team: CRI 27641863.

I’ll post here once if there is any update.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is this marked "Solved".  Saying that the issue has been filed as a bug doesn't seem like much of a solution to me.

One month later, and ditto, I get the same issue.

This item should NOT be listed as SOLVED.

Gosh, I hope this forum is not going the way of Microsoft Connect for SQL Server. THAT would be a crying shame.

@Anonymous@ToddChitt The "Solved" doesn't mean that there isn't issues that you may be having, it means the original OP had his question answered.

If you are having issues, I would start a new thread as it will get more visibility. Along with some more details on if this was an existing gateway, is this an initial set up, where are you trying to install it, operating system, and any other relevant environment details that people could assist with for troubleshooting purposes.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
andrewmcniece
Regular Visitor

Any update?? Seems like a pretty critical issue if we can only refresh our data sources manually.

Any update on this issue?

PHK
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I had to daily mannually refresh my data,

Any update on this issue ?

I think this is the only way. correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am facing the same issue, do we have any update on this issue 

@Anonymous Do you have all data sources used in the published PBIX set up in the OPD Gateway? 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seth_C_Bauer

I tried establishing those data sources in the enterprise gateway, and I am getting a duplicate data source error, even though they are brand new data sources. I have a feeling that I am running into an earlier problem as described in this post. Presuming its a bug in the PBI Service, this leaves us with little options to work our way through.

Update: I came across this post where the above problem I am facing (the link) has been acknowledged as a bug. 

Thanks

Kaz

Hi @Anonymous,

As you can see on that link, this issue is reported to Power BI Team: CRI 27641863.

I’ll post here once if there is any update.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi there. Is there an update on this issue? 

I have an on-premise gateway running.  Once data source is working just fine the other keeps saying that the gateway is offline. Thank heavens its the test data source that is off line.  I have not been able to put in online.  I believe I have the most up to date gateway software but how to determine that?  Can someone help on the gateway version and the offline data source???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-caliao-msft Thanks Charlie.

Thanks

Kaz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-caliao-msft

Is there any update on this one? Perhaps a workaround? 

Thanks

Kaz

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors