Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

power bi embedded : remove extra padding on the left and right

1.How to remove the left and right padding/margin ? (We would like to embedded report occupy 100% width of the page.)

2.How to change the background color of the embedded report? 

EmbedLeftandRightMargin.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

jpthirumalai_0-1594180155813.png

Hope this helps !

anas_ztw
Frequent Visitor

Any updates on this case?

I'm having same issue. I need the embdded report to occupy the full html host page size with very minmal margin regardless the resolution, remove left and right padding/margin or at leaset ability to change the gray back color to custom color.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, still looking for a right solution. I hope someone from Power BI team will respond.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

#1. Current power bi not support remove left and right padding/margin.

#2. You can modify backcolor at Format tab -> Background.

4.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. The left and right margins are huge. I was not clear on my question. 

We would like to change the background of the power bi container. Since we can not change the left or right margin, we would like to change the continaers background color to match with our report or dashboard background color.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our report page background is #f1f1f1 but the power bi div container has another grey color. we would like to match this.

Hi @Anonymous,

>>Our report page background is #f1f1f1 but the power bi div container has another grey color. we would like to match this.

Do you means the tile backcolor? If this is a case, current tiles not support backcolor feature.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedded container border 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We want the embdded report or dashboard occupy the full html host page size with very minmal margin.

Any update to this issue? There appears to be no way to change properties of the embedded iframe like background color or border?

I have the same issue. The gray color comes from the Power BI CSS file and it is not controlled by user. It's automatically set at #eaeaea or gray color. This is very annoying. I have report that has white background, which looks fine in Power BI, but when embedded, Power BI service added this gray margin that cannot be removed. 

Please fix it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors