Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bernardfeldmann
Regular Visitor

power bi dashboard sharing

Hi,

my colleague created a new report and published a dashborad and shared it with me. The data source is an on premise ssas tabular cube. he craeted teh gateway and all necessary data connection and he can work from hi power bi account.

Both of us have a pro account.

After he shares with me the dashborad i can't see the data i get the error:

Couldn't load the schema for the database model

You don't have permission to view this report because the owner has set row-level security (RLS) on the data model. Please contact the report owner.

Now on the analasys server there is no RLS, both him and myself are administrator, why can't i see teh data? do i also need to configure the getway on my account? he did in his acocunt a mapping to my user for that dat source, we my active directory and power bi useranames are not the same so we did teh changes in mapping. How does power bi connect to my username , there was no place where i was asked to put in my password? i understand that it users the credentials from teh ownber, but if so why can't i see teh data?

thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bernardfeldmann,

>>You don't have permission to view this report because the owner has set row-level security (RLS) on the data model. Please contact the report owner.

Can you ensure if he has setting the RLS on power bi desktop or you are the role member of the datasource?

Refernece links:

Row-level security (RLS) with Power BI

Grant cube or model permissions (Analysis Services)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

he hasn't set RLS and i am an administartor on the cube

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors