Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rob_mysbxsec
Helper II
Helper II

power bi dashboard refresh after report page filter change

I have created a dashboard in power bi service by pinning visuals from various report pages in my workspace.

In my report pages i change the page filter settings to alter data shown in those report visuals. 

When i revisit the dashboard those report page visuals that were pinned are not showing updated results based on changes to report page filter changes that the report visual came from.  Hitting various refresh icons and refreshing the page with ctrl+r/f5 doesn't update the dashboard report visual view either.

Question - how do i force pinned report page visuals shown on a dashboard to update and reflect changes that have been made, since it was pinned there, to the report page filter settings? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here is a Quick reveiew of Dasboard vs Reports:

A dashboard is more of a high level view of something specific that you want to monitor ;

1. gives you a high level view of what it is you are monitoring

2. alerts you to issues that might be happening

3. gives you information  in order to action  something

Reports, as in Standard type reporting  tends to be more detailed in nature and more for day to day operational type activities.  You can have a dashboard that drills down into a detailed report, however it depends.

So if you want your users to use filters in a dashbord then you will need to Pin the whole Page to the Dashboard

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rob_mysbxsec 

That's not possible, There is no such interaction.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Thanks for the response. 

Do you know why is this the case? For example are dashboards only meant for presenting curated snapshots of report visuals with the specific page level or visual level filters that were in place at the time visuals were pinned?  

What do people do as work arounds?

Here is a Quick reveiew of Dasboard vs Reports:

A dashboard is more of a high level view of something specific that you want to monitor ;

1. gives you a high level view of what it is you are monitoring

2. alerts you to issues that might be happening

3. gives you information  in order to action  something

Reports, as in Standard type reporting  tends to be more detailed in nature and more for day to day operational type activities.  You can have a dashboard that drills down into a detailed report, however it depends.

So if you want your users to use filters in a dashbord then you will need to Pin the whole Page to the Dashboard

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors