Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

silvias
Helper I
Helper I

.png of subscription is different of my dashboard

Hello,

I have an RLS security:
Role Filter Display

RoleFilterDisplay
aaV_a
abV_a
abV_b

The security goes at the Role level, filter is what I use to filter and display the categories that the user can display. For example: a user with role A, can choose in the filter a or b. If he chooses a he will only see V_A and if he chooses B he will see V_a and V_b.

I have a report where I have added a filter to all pages so that filter is different from "b". So only the data from V_a is visible.

I put this report on a dahsboard and it is perfect. The user with role a only sees V_a because of the filter (filter different from b). However, when I subscribe the user to the dashboard, both V_a and V_b appear in the .png. Does anyone know why?

Thank you very much,

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
silvias
Helper I
Helper I

I know whtat's happening now. If I as admin subscribe people to the dashboard, the filter doesn't work and they all see the same "numbers" I see. But if each user creates their own suscription, they will obtain the .png image of the dashboard with their filters.

Thank you!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
silvias
Helper I
Helper I

I know whtat's happening now. If I as admin subscribe people to the dashboard, the filter doesn't work and they all see the same "numbers" I see. But if each user creates their own suscription, they will obtain the .png image of the dashboard with their filters.

Thank you!!

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

@silvias,

that's exactly what I said in my previous post. But then you must be subscribing the users to the report, because that's what the documentation says what happens.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Yes, I am subscribing them but to the dashboard. No to the report. 

silvias
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @nickyvv . Sure, The subscription is to the dashboard.

silvias
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @collinq . I am not  overriding my permissions by giving that user more access in the dashboard or workspace that would be in contradiction with the RLS. Following my example, he has RLS permission to see V_a and V_b and with filters I want make he see just V_a.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Creating filters is not a security measure, where RLS is. Filters can just be deleted by the user.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @silvias 

Are you overriding your own permissions by giving that user more access in the dashboard or workspace that would be in contradiction with the RLS?

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @silvias,

are you sure your subscription is on the dashboard, not on the report?

As I read the docs on subscriptions, it says:

• for dashboard email subscriptions, if any tiles have RLS applied, those tiles don't display.
  • for report email subscriptions, if the dataset uses RLS, you can create subscriptions for yourself. You may also subscribe others to a report with RLS. Those subscriptions will be generated using your security context.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors